Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting the "Autodesk driver: Not Certified" message using c3d 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
heshamsaleh1980
244 Views, 2 Replies

Why am I getting the "Autodesk driver: Not Certified" message using c3d 2013

Hello, 

I am getting the "Autodesk driver:  Not Certified" message, using Autocad Civil 3d 2013. Why am I getting this message, when I type in "3d config" into the command bar

My graphics card is NVIDIA Geforce GT 630M, 2GB.

Thank you very much! 

Regards, 

Hesham

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nestly2
in reply to: heshamsaleh1980

Welcome to the Autodesk forums

The message means the video card, and/or the video driver being used is not on the list of "Certified" hardware.  Not "Certified" doesn't necessarily mean anything, it may simply be that they never tested the card.  My advice is don't worry about it unless you're having video related problems.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

Message 3 of 3

Autodesk considers the Geforce line as "consumer grade". It looks like they only certify Workstation grade cards. IOW the Quadro series. That doesn't mean that your card wont work for you. It will depend on how much intense 3D work and rendering you do.

The only drawback is that if you have a video problem support may not address it until you have a certified card.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report