Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Box Under Contour Label!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
wings1080
855 Views, 6 Replies

White Box Under Contour Label!!!!

PLEASE, how do I turn this off?  i am creating contours in civil 3d, exporttoautocad2010, and there is this white box under the contour label, i don't want this, i DO want it to trim the contour to show the text better but NOT the white box, please advise

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: wings1080

sounds like background mask is turned on for the labels

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 7
wings1080
in reply to: neilyj666

it is turned on because if i turn it off it doesnt trim the contour and looks just as bad ... how to have it still trim the contour without the white box?!

Message 4 of 7
sboon

You cannot trim a contour, only hide it under another object.  You should be able to change the colour of the label mask however to something that's easier to look at.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 7
troma

Select a contour label, and in the properties palette you can switch the "Masking" setting to " Contour line only".

However, it seems to take a while to process. I originally heard of this setting from reading comments from people complaining about how glitchy it is, so be careful!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 7
troma
in reply to: sboon

Steve, how do I change the colour of the label mask?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 7
sboon
in reply to: troma

If I remember correctly the background color of the label comes from your current screen background at the time the style was created or changed.  I believe that this issue comes from importing a style from a drawing where the background color was different than your current one - don't quote me on this, I might be entirely wrong.

Try changing the modelspace background color then change it back and see if that has any effect.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report