Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did my tables go and how can I stop them from leaving

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Joe-Bouza
562 Views, 7 Replies

Where did my tables go and how can I stop them from leaving

I have a parcel area table in one drawing and a drainage structure table in another. The DST drawing  use data shortcuts to the pipe network. The tables get created as expected , save close , do something else, yada yad. Open the drawings again and only the header of the table is in the drawing. wutzupwitdat?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BrianHailey
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

If I remember correctly, there was some issues with Sheet Set Manager and tables. You using SSM? If you are, did you make any changes to it? I don't remember exactly what it was, perhaps Chris can pipe in and remind me.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 8
Jeff_M

Do not use SSM to edit the drawings containing C3D Tables when those drawings are not open in the editor. You've found what happens when the drawings are closed.....this is a defect reported and acknowledged by Adesk.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Jeff_M

..."Do not use SSM to edit the drawings containing C3D Tables when those drawings are not open in the editor"...what do you mean? Don't use SSM? Do you mean opening the drawing Via SSM to make changes or editng TB fields and the like through SSM?

Am I better off keeping the tables in a source drawing?

.....this is a defect reported and acknowledged by Adesk.... Aknowledged? like tough S&*$ acknowleged or we are working on it aknowledged?

How long has this been going on? 09, 10, 11?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Jeff_M

@Joe-Bouza wrote:

..."Do not use SSM to edit the drawings containing C3D Tables when those drawings are not open in the editor"...what do you mean? Don't use SSM? Do you mean opening the drawing Via SSM to make changes or editng TB fields and the like through SSM? THe problem stems from physical changes are made to a drawing which cause it to be edited and saved. As long as the drawing is open (you can switch to it in the editor), no problem. If SSM edits it in the background, this is where the problem strikes. The only edits that I'm aware of which affect this are when the Layout tabs get renamed due to sheet name or number changes. 

Am I better off keeping the tables in a source drawing?  Maybe. I just learned to make sure to open any drawing(s) before making changes to the Sheet numbers and names in the SSM.

.....this is a defect reported and acknowledged by Adesk.... Aknowledged? like tough S&*$ acknowleged or we are working on it aknowledged? Working on it, but I haven't heard anything about a fix.

How long has this been going on? 09, 10, 11? I don't recall, for sure. I don't think I noticed until I was using 2010. But then, I didn't use SSM much prior to that. You should turn up some posts by me regarding this, and I beleive it was Himanshu who responded at least a few times. I don't recall if 2011 fixed this...I'll have a play tonight to check this.

EESignature
Message 6 of 8
Jeff_M

Found the original link, Joe. File a support request and use the DID shown in Himanshu's reply. I'll still check on 2011's status.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/C3D-Tables-lose-their-data/m-p/2582080#M118321

EESignature
Message 7 of 8
Jeff_M

Problem still exists in 2011....Smiley Sad

EESignature
Message 8 of 8
Hidden_Brain

i have experienced similar problem with 2009

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report