Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weed / Sort Points

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
907Trekker
1029 Views, 4 Replies

Weed / Sort Points

I have a group of COGO points that is tightly spaced, say approx. 2 feet between points and I want to weed them out so that several points in an area are deleted and I am left with approx. 10 feet between points.

Can this be done in Civil 3d?  I don't want to interpolate points from a surface.

If anybody is familiar with Hypack software, I am trying to do a 10' sort but in C3D.

Thanks,
Mark

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: 907Trekker

I don't know how to do that but if you can explain why you want to do that. There may be alternatives.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
jmayo-EE

I don't know of any automatic method.

You could build a surface with the points, simplify the surface, display it with points only (points set to mode 0 so they look like a dot), explode it twice, use select similar to select all of the resulting autocad points, copy/paste them to a new dig and convert them.

It sounds convoluted but it is a pretty short process.

You would of course lose any descriptions...

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
jmayo-EE

I would also wonder if Map can help weeding cogo points but I don't think it works well with C3D objects...

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Maine-iac

Could you give every fifth point a different descriptor by editing the point file in a spread sheet, then reimport, and limit your point displays and/or your surface build by creating a point group with those selected new descriptors?

Civil 3D 2022.1
Windows 10 x64
HP ZBook 15 G5
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
32 GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report