AutoCAD Civil 3D General

*Don Reichle
Message 11 of 22 (30 Views)

Re: We must be in shock, after today's Webcast

03-21-2005 08:00 AM in reply to: *Don Reichle
Hey Mark; You mean no hydraulic calculations except as a part of the Pipe network? Don Reichle "KOWA" "mscacco" wrote in message news:18329392.1111210284758.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > No hydrologic or hydraulic calculation features in this one. However, > LandXML files can be imported from third-party apps. > > Mark Scacco > Civil 3D Tech Tour coming soon to a venue near you.
*Neil W
Message 12 of 22 (30 Views)

03-21-2005 08:07 AM in reply to: *Don Reichle
I use the Land Desktop Ver 2 manual to study Land Desktop, since it is far more comprehensive than the manuals that ship with later versions. Needless to say, perhaps 90% of the documentation still applies. "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:423eeef7$1_2@newsprd01... > Hey Terry; > > Granny Smiths rule! > > And where do you think all the Subscription resources have been going for > the past five years? Certainly not into LDT - just count all the > improvements made to the old dinosaur during that time. > > Don Reichle > "KOWA" > > "Terry W. Dotson" wrote in message > news:423c4784$1_3@newsprd01... >> Don Reichle wrote: >> >>> I know I can't wait for the middle of April to arrive. >> >> So with all this positive momentum, can we expect an equally impressive >> Survey module for C3D 2006? >> >> > ... comparing Granny Smiths with Fujis, instead of Navels. >> >> I prefer Fujis. >> >> Terry > >
*James Wedding
Message 13 of 22 (30 Views)

03-21-2005 08:12 AM in reply to: *Don Reichle
No, he means no hydraulic calcs at all. There are no values for flow, roughness, etc. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
*Don Reichle
Message 14 of 22 (30 Views)

03-21-2005 09:28 AM in reply to: *Don Reichle
Hey James; In the 2006 version? So it's just a pretty picture editor? Don Reichle "KOWA" "James Wedding" wrote in message news:423ef27f$1_2@newsprd01... > No, he means no hydraulic calcs at all. There are no values for flow, > roughness, etc. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > Technology Manager & > Associate > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1 >
*Don Reichle
Message 15 of 22 (30 Views)

03-21-2005 09:30 AM in reply to: *Don Reichle
And I should have added - "...for the moment." Don Reichle "KOWA" "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:423f0411$1_1@newsprd01... > Hey James; > > In the 2006 version? So it's just a pretty picture editor? > > Don Reichle > "KOWA" > > "James Wedding" wrote in message > news:423ef27f$1_2@newsprd01... >> No, he means no hydraulic calcs at all. There are no values for flow, >> roughness, etc. >> >> -- >> James Wedding, P.E. >> Technology Manager & >> Associate >> Jones & Boyd, Inc. >> Dallas, TX >> XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G >> LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1 >> > >
*James Wedding
Message 16 of 22 (30 Views)

03-21-2005 11:41 AM in reply to: *Don Reichle
Yes, but there is an exposed API. Roll your own solution. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
*Don Reichle
Message 17 of 22 (30 Views)

03-21-2005 10:06 PM in reply to: *Don Reichle
Hey Doctor; That implies I set myself to learn how to keep the paper looking like a cylinder. :-) What would you recommend as a first step on this learning path? Don Reichle "KOWA" "James Wedding" wrote in message news:423f3414$3_3@newsprd01... > Yes, but there is an exposed API. Roll your own solution. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > Technology Manager & > Associate > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1 >
*James Wedding
Message 18 of 22 (30 Views)

03-22-2005 06:18 AM in reply to: *Don Reichle
Figure out how you calc H&H now. Then write it up as design requirements for a custom program. We're approaching it with the intention of working with our existing Excel docs to fill in the blanks and create spreadsheets that can then be brought back in. I believe that you can cut & paste directly from Panorama, but I haven't checked today. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
*Numa
Message 19 of 22 (30 Views)

03-23-2005 07:14 AM in reply to: *Don Reichle
James Wedding wrote: > Figure out how you calc H&H now. Then write it up as design requirements for > a custom program. We're approaching it with the intention of working with > our existing Excel docs to fill in the blanks and create spreadsheets that > can then be brought back in. > > I believe that you can cut & paste directly from Panorama, but I haven't > checked today. > We just switched to using Intellisolve Storm sewers for calcing hydro stuff from an ancient dos program (yick). Works fine, and perhaps the landxml it spits out will go right into c3d-pipeworks.
*Dave Simeone
Message 20 of 22 (30 Views)

03-23-2005 12:21 PM in reply to: *Don Reichle
Hi all - There are a few ways that you can go... 1. Cut/Paste from Panorama (this works) into a spreadsheet 2. Create a report as CSV - this give you pipes and structures 3. Export LandXML (assuming the analysis app can read LandXML) As James notes - there will also be enough API exposure to make a more seamless path. We want to be very clear that the scope of this release is Layout and Drafting. It's not an analysis package. However, we've put support in place so that you can "easily" move the network from Civil 3D back into the analysis app that you are currently using. Thanks Dave S "James Wedding" wrote in message news:4240294a_2@newsprd01... > Figure out how you calc H&H now. Then write it up as design requirements > for a custom program. We're approaching it with the intention of working > with our existing Excel docs to fill in the blanks and create spreadsheets > that can then be brought back in. > > I believe that you can cut & paste directly from Panorama, but I haven't > checked today. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > Technology Manager & > Associate > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1 >

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs