C3D Version 2012
Surface does exist as we can see the triangles/contours or whatever we choose to display. When we run the Water drop command, we are getting a message saying that the point is outside of the surface. We have selected a valid surface by both picking it visually and selecting it from the dialogue. All layers are on and thawed and we are picking well inside of the surface.
Does anyone have any idea why it would be telling us that the point is outside the surface?
Confused and lost...
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have had this issue when my OSNAPs were on. Try turning them off and see if that helps it.
I had tried this already but unfortunately it made no difference.
Would it be possible to post a copy of the dwg. I would love to check it out.
It is a busy drawing where the surface was generated from a corridore. I will try and attach it to this message.
Without seeing the drawing my initial thoughts are:
1. Sometimes when autocad stops following rules that I know it should follow, I completely shut down autocad and restart it. This often fixes the problem.
2. I am curious to know if when you hover over the spot you are clicking without any commands active whether it shows an elevation for the specified surface in the area you are clicking.
3. If you right click and zoom to the surface in the toolspace does it bring you to the correct area.
4. Is the surface current, meaning there is no exclamation mark in the prospector?
1) We have actually opened the drawing on 2 different computers with no change. Clean bootups as of this morning. Works fine on a second job.
2) Yes it does. In fact, we have 2 different surfaces available and when using either one, we get the same results. Both surfaces report elevations when we hover.
3) Yes it does - both surfaces.
4) The surfaces have both been rebuilt.
5) Audit does not find anything to fix.
Any other thoughts? Anyone?
Make sure you are in the world UCS. That goofs me up from time to time. Civil 3d seems to thing that all coordinates picked are in the World UCS and if you are not, you will likely get a coordinate outside of your surface.
Hope this helps!
That appears to be the issue.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.