Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "206CF"

35 REPLIES 35
SOLVED
Message 1 of 36
ignich
38493 Views, 35 Replies

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "206CF"

I am getting this warning as I try to save my drawing.  Not sure what it means.

My drawing file crashed (FATAL ERROR) before I was able to complete the save.  I did a MAPCLEAN followed by AUDIT, but still get the error message when trying to save.

I am using C3D 2011 with Windows 7.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

35 REPLIES 35
Message 21 of 36
Jeff_M
in reply to: doni49

Ah, that edit wasn't there when I replied 🙂
BTW, I have SP2 installed here.
You can see what the object is using (entget (handent "A4A7")), if the object exists (this didn't in your drawing for me) you will get a long list of DXF code pairs. The pair which begins with 0 is the object type.
Note that, in my experience, this warning typically stems from styles and layers, not really actual drawing objects.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 22 of 36
emersoncadista79
in reply to: Sinc

tanks, very well

Message 23 of 36
JustOpie
in reply to: emersoncadista79

If the entget that Jeff_M mentions doesn't provide a list of DXF data, you may need to convert the ENAME to a VLA-OBJECT.  You can do that using this code:

(vlax-dump-object (vlax-ename->vla-object (handent "206CF")))

You will want to replace the "206CF" string with the correct handle mentioned in the warning.

Message 24 of 36
vtkong.com
in reply to: doni49

Chào bạn, bạn có thể sử dụng lệnh "x" và thực hiện lại thao tác của mình nhé.

Trân trọng!

Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
in reply to: Sinc

Thanks this worked, although like most of the endless bugs in C3D, I've no clue what it was, why it did it, etc. but thanks!

Message 26 of 36
Neilw_05
in reply to: ignich

This has been my go-to thread for dealing with this problem. I have been encountering it frequently in a couple of my projects. While I can get by with deleting the bad objects once at a time, i would make life a lot easier if we had a tool that would read a list of entities from a text file and delete them automatically.

I don't do coding. Would this be something I could figure out without a lot of trial and error? If so where would I start?

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
in reply to: Neilw_05

1. Use "WBLOCK" command, seclect "W", save to another file .DWG

2. Open that .DWG file, use "PURGE" and "DWG-PURGE" command

3. Saveas to . DWF file

4. Open . DWF file, use "PURGE" and "DWG-PURGE" command

5. Saveas to .DWG file

If still problem, do again from step 1. My problem solved after 2 time.

Message 28 of 36
Neilw_05
in reply to: Anonymous

I appreciate your suggestion. However a WBLOCK approach does not preserve layouts and it its prone to errors and data loss by the user and the software. I'd prefer just manually deleting the bad objects vs. using WBLOCK.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 29 of 36
jfarwick_PE
in reply to: Neilw_05

I've ran across this problem so many times that I created a Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook to remove multiple object handles at a time rather than going through the arduous process of removing them one at a time. I attached the .xlsx version of the workbook (.xlsm upload is not allowed) for anyone to use and created a video of the process. I'm new to creating content, and the only way I know how to share the video with captions is by uploading it from Camtasia to YouTube. Hopefully this will help someone out down the road. 

https://youtu.be/EAV54B2baXU

Message 30 of 36
jphilleyKV6QQ
in reply to: jfarwick_PE

I am having this issue in one of my drawings and when I try the entdel string civil 3d gives me just nil back and doesn't delete the object.  so I typed in the entget and I see what type of object it is, but is there any way I can Locate the bad object in the drawing?

Message 31 of 36
Bwanamiti
in reply to: Red.Hawk

Hello:

I'm using AUTOCAD MAP 3D 2023 - german version

I tried the recommended solution, this is the result:

in DE:
Befehl: _KSICH
*Warnung* Objekt mit mehrfacher Zugehörigkeit, Objektreferenz "28289"
*Warnung* Objekt mit mehrfacher Zugehörigkeit, Objektreferenz "26DFE"

in EN:
Command: _QSAVE
*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "28289"
*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "26DFE"

then I used in commandline:
command: (entdel (handent "26DFE"))
nil
command: (entdel (handent "28289"))
nil

This means, nothing happened. The "solution" does not work.

What else can be done? How do I find the corrupt objects to delete them while only knowing the numbers above?

Thanks in advance .hb.

Message 32 of 36
jphilleyKV6QQ
in reply to: Red.Hawk

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" />&lt;!--&lt;br&gt;/* Font Definitions */&lt;br&gt;@font-face&lt;br&gt; {font-family:"Cambria Math";&lt;br&gt; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}&lt;br&gt;@font-face&lt;br&gt; {font-family:Calibri;&lt;br&gt; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}&lt;br&gt;/* Style Definitions */&lt;br&gt;p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal&lt;br&gt; {margin:0in;&lt;br&gt; font-size:11.0pt;&lt;br&gt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}&lt;br&gt;a:link, span.MsoHyperlink&lt;br&gt; {mso-style-priority:99;&lt;br&gt; color:blue;&lt;br&gt; text-decoration:underline;}&lt;br&gt;.MsoChpDefault&lt;br&gt; {mso-style-type:export-only;}&lt;br&gt;@page WordSection1&lt;br&gt; {size:8.5in 11.0in;&lt;br&gt; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}&lt;br&gt;div.WordSection1&lt;br&gt; {page:WordSection1;}&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;
Message 33 of 36
Bwanamiti
in reply to: Bwanamiti

cant read your message
Message 34 of 36
jphilleyKV6QQ

I am sorry about the message not coming in, note to self using the notification email to reply does not work. I am not sure how to get rid of this issue outside of making the drawing a block and opening up a new file and inserting the block, that is a last resort because the only thing that retains is the linework and all surfaces, pipe networks would have to be redone, or so I've been told. I Don't know if you're file has any x-refs, but if this solution is not working the problem may be in an x-ref drawing, but that is not the case for me and everything i have tried has not stopped this issue yet.

Message 35 of 36
suraky

This problem has plagued me for many years.  After encountering it again today and wasting a lot of time on it, I've figured out how to get rid of the bad entities,  when you get the "nil" return  (when the command to delete the entity by handle doesn't actually delete the entity).  

The command fails to solve the problem when the entity is not in the current Space.  So if the entity is in a paperspace layout, and you're running the command from model space,  the command can't delete the entity, and so doesn't fix anything. 

Go through each layout and modelspace, one by one and run the command to delete the entity by handle until it works.   Then run Audit - if you deleted all the bad entities then the Audit will probably be clean.   Then Save the file ... and the warning should be gone.

Message 36 of 36

raja_ahmedMXYDY_0-1685379677190.png

AFTER AGAIN AND AGAIN AUDIT THESE 90 ERRORS NOT SOLVED 😭

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report