Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Cogo Point Datum Adjustment

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Sinc
708 Views, 5 Replies

Warning: Cogo Point Datum Adjustment

This recently bit one of my coworkers, so I thought I'd mention it.

If you select a Cogo Point in a drawing, the Ribbon will jump to the "Cogo Point" context-sensitive tab.  On this tab is a "Datum" button.  However, if you click it and perform a datum adjustment, it will change EVERY POINT IN YOUR DRAWING, and not just the point you selected.

The entry in the Menus, at Points -> Edit Points -> Datum, behaves in the same fashion.

This seems like very wrong behavior to me, but C3D does what C3D does, and it's something that you may want to keep in mind.  If you think you're only changing the selected points, and you aren't paying attention, you can create a world of hurt for yourself.

Sinc
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JeffPaulsen
in reply to: Sinc

I know this is an old post but I'm in a "world of hurt" so to speak.

How do you change the datum of selected points in C3D 2012?

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 3 of 6
stacy.dunn
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

If you have a few points selected, you can right click and select datum from the pop up menu.  This will only affect the selected points unlike the command on the ribbon.

Stacy Dunn
Message 4 of 6
stacy.dunn
in reply to: stacy.dunn

Oddly enough, there are two of them on my shortcut menu.  One of them affects all of the points and the other only affects the selected points.

If you select them from the edit points dialog, then it will only affect the selected points.

Stacy Dunn
Message 5 of 6
JeffPaulsen
in reply to: stacy.dunn

Thank you Stacy.

I only have one choice on my right-click menu and it works on the selected points only. The datum command in the Point Editor (Panorama) also works on the selected points only.

The command that is run from the ribbon is _AeccEditPointDatum. I was not able to find the command that is run from the right-click menu in the CUI. I am curious what it is.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 6 of 6
stacy.dunn
in reply to: Sinc

On mine it is the same command for both.  I am not sure why there is a difference in the way they work.

Stacy Dunn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report