Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WRITE PROTECTED FILES -

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
aleyx
419 Views, 0 Replies

WRITE PROTECTED FILES -

I've gotten an autocad dwg file from a client and i have opened them in CIV3D 2010 program (save-as to network directory to use as a working copy), but when it comes to just saving it while im working i get a dialog box coming up saying that it is "Write protected" .... which i then have to save as the dwg (sometimes it will allow me to save the dwgs as im working - no problems) but then it decides it doesnt want to (and then i have to do a save as).... i have checked the properties of this file (it is not a re-only) & i have not changed anything in the dwg to enable authority settings (nor do i know how to). I have checked the file where it is saved there are no .dwl files. I am only running into this sitution with 1 or 2 projects (and as i said before i can be saving it for over an hour sometimes and then it decided to be wirte protected or it is just write protected everytime i try to save)...

It is just becoming very inconvient... any suggestions will be more than welcome... thx 🙂
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report