Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volumes Dashboard Cut/Fill Report

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
john.de.leeuw
2255 Views, 3 Replies

Volumes Dashboard Cut/Fill Report

The Cut/Fill report from Volumes Dashboard generates 'blind' totals when using Bounded Volumes. This way every Bounded Volume amounts to the original data which ofcourse is stupid.

How can I fix this in the CutFillReport.xsl in the folder C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2012\enu\Data\Cut Fill Report\...

or Autodesk please have this fixed in an update.

Volumes_Dashboard

Thx!

John

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
neilyj666
in reply to: john.de.leeuw

Not sure what you mean by "blind" totals??

if you untick the main surface when creating the bounding polygons the total isn't shown in the report (don't have C3D on this PC so can't do screenshot)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 4
john.de.leeuw
in reply to: neilyj666

Get your point, there are 2 ways of using the Volumes Dashboard.

1. Main Volume Surface completely devided by bounded areas(and thus volumes)

2. Main Volume Surface partially devided by bounded areas (and volumes)

My situation is 2 and then I need a report with the total area and volume of the main volume surface but also the separate bounded areas and volumes. In this case the Totals in the report shouldn't be adding everything up but only the main surfaces.

Ofcourse in situation 1 you can uncheck the main surface and have all bounded areas summed up which should be equal to the main surface data.

Does this clarify my point? 

Message 4 of 4
neilyj666
in reply to: john.de.leeuw

Still not really sure of the problem here (mainly as I can't access C3D at the moment) but I may be a bit confused by the dataset you've provided.

My understanding of the problem is if, for example,  the whole volume surface was 2500 cu.m. and two polygon areas were 500 cu.m. and 500 cu.m. each, then the total volume would be reported as 3500 cu.m which is of course incorrect (and a bit of an annoying "bug")

Whenever I've used the Volumes Dashboard I simply copy and paste to Excel and do the formatting and computations I require there.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report