Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume results in Autocad

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mdemers
140 Views, 3 Replies

Volume results in Autocad

Can someone give me a hint of how to basically paste my volume results in Autocad (SURFACES->UTILITIES->VOLUMES)? From what I can gather I can export an XML file and create a report but I like to print out the model and have my results pasted into Autocad for calc files. Besides the XML reporting creates an Excel CSV with nothing in it.

Am I supposed to perform an Analysis and create a legend and paste that in CAD? It seems a legend cannot be created unless I perform an analysis, all I want to do is paste the volume info in CAD, or at the very least create a report to print out in XML that is useable.

Do I have to create a volume report from scratch in XML and where can I learn to do this? Why will the current surface report XML function not work is this a bug?

Any hints or ideas would be appreciated.

Canon
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mdemers
in reply to: mdemers

Let me re-phrase this, do I report ALL volumes with XML only in Civil 3D or is there a way to paste the results in autocad (Legend)?

I don't need to know how to do these things I just need to know if I can do these things.

My background is not with Autodesk products such as LDD but another one of Autodesks competitors which allowed me to paste the Volume results from the screen in a txt legend in CAD.

Thanks in advance

Canon Message was edited by: canon
Message 3 of 4
swatfor_PDCOG

Once the XML earthworks report is created, you can cut and paste it into excel. Then you can cut and paste it into Autodesk in a very neat little box.
Hopefully CIV 3D will incorporate an earthworks table that can be brought into the drawing directly as you can do in Land Desktop.
Sandy W.
Message 4 of 4
mdemers

Swatfor thats a good idea I never thought of that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report