Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume bounded by existing surface and a design surface

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eyescast
344 Views, 2 Replies

Volume bounded by existing surface and a design surface

hi again,

My goal is coming up with the volume bounded by the design surface and the existing surface.

I don't have the design surface modeled yet.

Do i need to create alignment offsets?.Alignment 1 profile view is also attached. Then Alignment2.

What about starting with alignment1 profile view? Since I have created a polyline as the design profile ?

how do I shrink labels? Where is it in the settings ; the Align folder had been check...

Thanks again.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LeafRiders
in reply to: eyescast

I'm not sure about the offset alignment question. As for your changing the size of your text, either make the adjustments to your label styles themselves, or you can change the overall scale of you the drawing which will change everything relative to the set scale. (see bottom right  corner in model space).

Message 3 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: eyescast

Hello Eyescast,

It appears you are modeling a road. You need to create a Corridor. See Help from your application, or there are many videos on YouTube. Here's a good one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U70QjVh2ZGM

After reviewing this information, if you have more questions, specific questions, please start a new thread.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report