Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport scale screwed up until switching back and forth from model view

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
millsy.g
1525 Views, 4 Replies

Viewport scale screwed up until switching back and forth from model view

So this problem has not been limited to myself (I am attending school in Calgary, and we had a Civil3d course) 

I am trying to get a custom 1:3000 scale for a profile in a viewport, and currently, everytime I swap to the different scale in the viewport properties, the whole model view is displayed with all the annotative text being a jumble.

It has done this before for other scales like 1:1000 or 1:2500, but usually switching to the model tab and back to the whatever tab the viewport is in fixes it. (eventually, sometimes it takes multiple tries)

This case it doesn't seem to want to work at all, and has crashed autocad a couple of times after switching scales.

any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: millsy.g

Don't use the properties to change your viewport scale as that only changes the viewport scale, use the scale pulldown at the bottom of the screen because that will change both the viewport scale as well as the annotative scale. After changing the scale, you might need to do a REGENALL to get the C3D annotation to look correct.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 5
troma
in reply to: BrianHailey

If you use the 'Annotative Scale' in the properties box, it also sets the 'Viewport Scale'.

If you're having problems crashing while doing this, I suggest turning the viewport off first.  Set the scale, lock the viewport, save.  Then turn on the viewport, and regenall.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 5
millsy.g
in reply to: troma

The crashing problem just seems to be due to the laptop no longer being able to handle the size of the project. Everytime I make any change, it takes about 2-3 minutes to think about what I've done.

As for the annotation scale, changing the selection to 'sync' the annotation scale and paper scale does seem to work. Though it still takes a couple of times of switching scales before it actually takes hold..

Message 5 of 5
annw2
in reply to: millsy.g

I am getting a problem of the profile view scale reading the drawing setting scale and NOT the viewport scale.

Has anyone run into this problem and how to fix it?

Ann Wingert, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report