Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport Transparency

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
skyfog
47133 Views, 24 Replies

Viewport Transparency

How is layout viewport transparency controlled? The illustration under the Help topic "About Layout Viewports" shows two overlapping viewports that are mutually transparent. That's exactly what I want. BUT, in my system, overlapping layout viewports are mutually opaque by default and I cannot figure out how to change that, AND all the discussions I am able to Google up are complaints that overlapping layout viewports are transparent and everyone is trying to figure out how to make them opaque, with WIPEOUTs or whatever ... very frustrating!

How do I get transparent overlapping layout viewports?  I am using Civil 3D 2014.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
marco
in reply to: ron0ryan1

This solution doesn't work anymore. (AutoCAD 2019)

Created a new visual style,

turned background off,

applied to all viewports,

but when I plot DWG to PDF the background is still there.

Message 22 of 25
james.goodhew
in reply to: marco

Same issue as Marco. Backgrounds is off, but VP backgrounds are still displaying opaque.

Message 23 of 25
troy.smithSNL8V
in reply to: marco

I had the same issue with paper space txt and dimensions being behind an opaque view port. It was fine last week but this week the viewport changed and nothing i did fixed it. So i just created a new viewport and that worked. Very annoying problem. 

Message 24 of 25

Someone have solved this incredible bug????

Also autocad 2020-2021-2022-2023 have the some problem unresolved....

This is crazy !!!!!!!!

Please solve this!!!!!!

Message 25 of 25
Marina.Gillott
in reply to: rkmcswain

Any solution for this yet?
I need to overlap 2 viewports to see part of the structure in wireframe and the main part of the drawings in shaded but I am having the opaque background as described above.
PS. the shaded visual style background is 'off'.

Any new method to solve this will be helpful.
Marina

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report