Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing an Offset Asembly in Section Editor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sjones1052
697 Views, 2 Replies

Viewing an Offset Asembly in Section Editor

I've built a corridor using only an Offset Assembly.  The assembly represents a new path alongside an existing road and I wanted to use the centerline of the road as the main baseline.  I have successfully built the corridor and was able to build the Sample Line and Sample Views.  However, I am not able to view the sections in the Section Editor.  As soon as I try to get into the Section Editor, I get the error message "No station found".  The stations are large, 500+00 and up, so I tried changing the BOP to 0+00, but that had no effect.  I tend to think it's a result of not having any subassembly attached directly to the main alignment, only to offset alignments.  I'm running the 2011 version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: sjones1052

If you place a LinkWidthandSlope subassy on the main baseline assy (with Omit Link set to Yes and be sure you delete link and point codes,) your offset assy will display in the Edit Sections window.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
sjones1052
in reply to: sjones1052

I guessed I was missing something.  That was it.  Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report