Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Frames and Profiles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
amalkawi
494 Views, 4 Replies

View Frames and Profiles

I understand from a previous similar post that the view frame doesn't use a profile that was already created and put it in the layout, it simply asks you which profile to base the new frame on.

My question is why doesn't it show up the same way? I don't know if I'm not doing something right but it doesn't give me the same elevation extents that the one I created does. Also my plan view is flipped 180 degrees and I can't manually flip it because it wouldn't line up with the profile anymore.

My alignment is running generally East-West starting from 0+00 to 37+80. I changed the profile view in model view to display right to left to match up with the plan view. Is that a reason why it's coming up weird like that?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: amalkawi

You have the option when creating the view frames to "get settings from another pfl view" (one that exists) or use the Wizard to create them per profile viewport as it creates the sheets.

As far as the flipping 180 degrees a picture may help with what's happening there.

To set the profile view limits to fit the viewport after the sheets have been created:

Model space of VP>Rt click>PFL View Prop.> Elevations & Stations Tabs> you can change to manual & specify datum low/high & sta. start / stop limits for.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
amalkawi
in reply to: Jay_B

The first picture is the paper space showing it flipped. The second picture is the same exact area in model space. Notice everything flipped except the alignment and stationing.

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B

You can change the Profile from Left to Right in the Profile View Style. See attached.

As far as you Plan Viewport - Are you using Annotative text etc.?

May want to check the Viewport Type in Properties & verify the Viewport type is set to type "plan".

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
dedroy03

I am having the exact same problem! And so many people I ask do not understand what I am talking about!! Did you find a solution to the plan view that is flipped?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report