Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Frame station precision

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Joe-Bouza
1914 Views, 14 Replies

View Frame station precision

How and where can I adjust the station precision of the view frame start and end station. I am choosing snap to nearest foot station but I am getting 1+00.00. I would like 1+00 in the label. I am setting to start end to the layout name and mapping that to the current drawing field in SSM and do not have precision control there either.

Can this be done?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
JessicaPalmer
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe,

From your post I think you are asking about changing the precision of the View Frame Label. On the settings tab of the toolspace navigate to the View Frame Labels. Then you will need to edit the label and change the precision to round to the nearest foot.

If I am mistaken about your question please clarify and I will do my best to answer.

Thanks,

Jessica Palmer
Message 3 of 15
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: JessicaPalmer

I'll look again on Monday - I don't recall seeing anything for that. Its in the name template not a lable style. I'll chack and let you know

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 15
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: JessicaPalmer

Hi Jessica

here is the deal: I can set the precision to 1 foot in the vfames label style but cannot find the setting foe the precision the goes to the layout name. I adjusted the command settings but the layouts still have 2 decimal places, and layout name does not offer the vframe label as an option.

VFRAME03.PNG

VFRAME01.PNG

VFRAME02.PNG

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 5 of 15
klugb

Joe,

It's a know issue. I have it logged with ADSK as: [CaseNo:05736270.]

One "workaround" they came up with was to set the precision here:

Drawing Settings > Ambient Settings > Station

The problem is then when you cut sheets EVERY drawing gets the precision set to 0 for ALL the station setting, which was more of a mess for us.

From ADSK:

Unfortunately at this time it seems that I've exhausted the possibilities by which you can affect the naming convention for sheet sets when using the station value fields. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

If you like, you can submit a feature request at the following page for the development team to review for possible inclusion into future releases of Civil 3D

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 6 of 15
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: klugb

Thanks Bruce.

I'll follow up with that. I thought I was going crazy for minute

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 7 of 15
jesseyusufu

I found the work around

Go to Settings - Match Line - Lable Style - Match Line Left(remember you need to do for both left and right) - double click on Basic or right click and select new for a new style  - On the The Label Style Composer, go to Text area and under content double click the ... that is the match line . At the Text Component Editor Content, Double click the AT STATION at the preview area then change the precision to 1 then click the upper arrow to Update. Remember you do the same to the Match Line Right too

matchline.jpg

matchline22.jpg

Message 8 of 15
bozoli

Hellow everyone,

I am having exactly the same trouble here in terms of setting the station precision to required decimal of 3 (eg km1.567 instead it gives me km1.567126). with the default setting of 6 decimal place.

Has anyone figured out on how to set this.

Thanx in advance.

Silver

Message 9 of 15
Jeew-m

It's too late to comment here. I got the same issue. But I find that in ambient settings in the station if you set drop decimals from whole numbers it should work much better.

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 10 of 15
cwr-pae
in reply to: Jeew-m

@Jeew-m @Joe-Bouza 

I another hidden and buried setting. 

cwr_0-1629379335173.png

Message 11 of 15
Joe-Bouza

Does it effect post 4 of 10? I'm not so sure

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 12 of 15
cwr-pae

Affects the name in the view frame properties and the cad properties window. Under view frame group feature settings the change affects in the view frame group properties and i have no problem getting the VF name label to read whole station. With all those settings  you can control the formatting every where VFs appear or list in the drawing, but ...

After slowly reading your post 4 closely and parsing it correctly, I realize you are talking about the names of sheets created in SSM. That's where there doesn't seem to be a setting to control the format. Which is a huge fail by autodesk.

Message 13 of 15
cwr-pae
in reply to: cwr-pae

After digging more I was able to create sheets dropping decimals (55+91.306 becomes 55+91) in the SSM name by setting the ambient, overall drawing, Station precision to 0 before creating the view frames. It doesn't seem to affect sheets created after changing the setting from VFG's created before the setting change, only sheets creation from VFGs created after. This is basically what @Jeew-m said in his resurrections of this.

Message 14 of 15
tim.seaton

Are you talking about using the Create Sheets command where you can name layouts based on the View Frame Start Station value? That setting is in the Toolspace Setting for View Frame Groups > Commands > CreateSheets. Expand the Station Property and set Precision to 0

Message 15 of 15
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: tim.seaton

I will check that out soon. looks good

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report