Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Frame North Arrow alignment

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Harold_Alberto
1987 Views, 3 Replies

View Frame North Arrow alignment

Hi,

I'm using C3D 2014.

When I create layouts using the "All layouts in the current drawing" option, the north arrow does not align to the viewport rotation.  

But when I use "Number of layouts..." and "All layouts in one..." options, the north arrow block aligns correctly.

Wonder if anyone can do a quick check if you're experiencing the same?

I know there is a similar issue on previous versions.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: Harold_Alberto

Yes, I get the same North Arrow orientation results as your getting for the 3 Layout Creation options:

Number of Layouts per New dwg - Works properly (This option wasn't working in 2012).

All Layouts in one New dwg - Works properly.

All Layouts in Current dwg - Not working. (This option did work in 2012).

Used 2014 SP1, with a basic AutoCad Block for the "North Arrow Block Name" in Create Sheets Command Settings for above test.

We've switched to the Dynamic North Arrow and the Dynamic North Arrow does seem to work fine when using

the "All Layouts in Current dwg" option.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
Harold_Alberto
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay, thanks very much for testing.  

I will use a dynamic arrow block.

Harold

Message 4 of 4

I read through this discussion and cannot seem to understand what options you are using.  I am using Autocad Civil 3D 2016 and I am having issues with dynamic north arrow blocks.  How exactly did you get it to work properly?  What command are you using to create a new layout?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report