Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Curve information not showing up on profile created from corridor line

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
WoithEng
2510 Views, 3 Replies

Vertical Curve information not showing up on profile created from corridor line

I created a road centerline profile and corridor and then created a profile of the two curb lines from the corridor. The road profile that I made has a vertical curve in it but the curb profiles do not show that information, just grade breaks every 25 feet based on the corridor sampling distance.

I would like to have the vertical curve information on the curb profiles - any ideas?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: WoithEng

You might not have had the correct label set as the default. Select the profile, right click, select edit labels, then at the bottom of the window above OK select import label set. Just select your label set showing vertical curve data.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 3 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: WoithEng

What you want is not possible.  A profile created from a corridor feature line, like you'ove noticed, gives you grade breaks at whatever interval the corridor is set to.  Corridor feature lines do not contain curves, horizontal nor vertical.

The only way to get vertical curves in these is to design them yourself using the profile tools.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 4
WoithEng
in reply to: mathewkol

I looked into changing the labels and that did not work so I think you are right Matt. What I ended up doing was to explode the vertical curve label from the road centerline profile and copy it to the clipboard, undo the explode so it would remain dynamic, then paste the label onto the curb profile and revise the elevations to reflect TBC instead of CL.

Not what I would like but it works. Maybe this feature will be added in a future version of Civil3D so that corridor feature line profiles will actually reflect what is really going on in the model or so that it can at least be labeled correctly.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report