Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Curve Labels on Profile

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
accarr03
14848 Views, 4 Replies

Vertical Curve Labels on Profile

I just created a profile by choosing my PVIs and linking them together with tangent curves.  How do I add labels to show the vertical curve properties (K value, curve length, station of PVI, elevation of PVI...)?  I'm guessing I have to edit the label style?  Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Pollmuller
in reply to: accarr03

1. Select your alignment
  2. Add labels
  3. Type: Geometry Points / Profile Geometry Points
  4. Add

Let me know if that works for you. Like you said, you'll most likely have to tweak the styles.

Happy drafting!

AUTOCAD Civil 3D 2013
Windows 7
Processor: Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU W3565 @ 3.20GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 12.0GB
System Type: 64-bit

Thanks

Erika
Message 3 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: accarr03

It sounds as if you are not using a template file with the required label styles.  Import the the "out of the box" template file by clicking on the Manage tab and at the far right, click on Import.  Browse to C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Autodesk\C3D 20??\enu\Template and choose the _AutoCAD Civil 3D (Imperial) NCS.dwt. 

After you do this,select your proposed profile, in the contextual ribbon, select Edit Profile Labels.  Once in the dialog box, at the bottom right, select Import Label Set.  Then select the Complete Label Set.  Click OK and they will show up.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 5
marlenesadaj
in reply to: Pollmuller

I would like to label my verticial curves in my profiles as described above, however when I select my alignment and click the add lables button typing "geometry points" does nothing and there is no geometry points option in the add labels thread....I have tried editiing lable sytles in my profile but there does not seem to be anywhere to select to add this information...???

Marlene 

Message 5 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: marlenesadaj

The "Profile" should be selected, not the Alignment.

Open the tutorial drawing "Profile-3A.dwg" and select a vertical curve label > right click > select edit labels.

The tutorial drawing can be found here:

<AutoCAD Civil 3D installation location>\Help\Civil Tutorials\Drawings

For example 2014 is here:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\Help\Civil Tutorials\Drawings\Profile-3A.dwg

Reviewing the Labels here should provide some insight as there are "Geometry Points" included in profile labels.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report