Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Curve Label at Top of Profile

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
151 Views, 5 Replies

Vertical Curve Label at Top of Profile

Has anyone figured out to attach (anchor) the vertical curve/tangent labels to the top of the profile instead of being directly above the curve/tangent? I was able to do this in LDT using frame labels which made room for all of my pipe data, etc.

C3d 2006, SP2
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Try a profile view band anchored to the top showing vertical geometry. It looks like you can edit the style and show the same information as the profile labels.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

You can anchor to a elevation in the profile view. Select the profile (not
the view), right click, edit labels.

sm
--

Scott McEachron
DC CADD - Dallas, TX

wrote in message news:5068863@discussion.autodesk.com...
Has anyone figured out to attach (anchor) the vertical curve/tangent labels
to the top of the profile instead of being directly above the curve/tangent?
I was able to do this in LDT using frame labels which made room for all of
my pipe data, etc.

C3d 2006, SP2
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed. I'm still having problems with the line labels though. I set the anchor to a fixed elevation just like the curve labels, but they still are anchored to the line. Any idea why this label didn't take?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

If you are NOT looking for a dimension looking object, you can beat the system here by creating a style similar to the VC style that has a dimension line, with no start and end lines or arrows. Make the dim line the same color as the grid, anchor the elevation to the line, and then fix the line elevation as Scott suggests.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

That worked beautifully! By setting the visibility of the line to false, I didn't even need to worry about the color.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report