AutoCAD Civil 3D General

gavin.roddy
Message 1 of 7 (169 Views)

Verge/Sod feature line problem

169 Views, 6 Replies
08-06-2013 04:28 AM

I am hoping someone else has encountered this but I've searched and came up with nothing.

We have a road model created with a couple of side roads and junctions. The main road has a simple 6m wide assembly with verge and earthworks. The problem only occurs on my computer where the verge feature line seems to be replaced with a feature line called sod and therefore the verge line and subsequent tadpoles do not show up in the plan view. The weird thing about this is that the verge line and tadpoles show up on the side roads just not on the main road.

Can anyone shed any light on this.

C3D 2013.

Thanks

Gavin

*Expert Elite*
Jay_B
Message 2 of 7 (155 Views)

Re: Verge/Sod feature line problem

08-06-2013 05:42 AM in reply to: gavin.roddy

Is the same "Code Set Style" being applied to all roads?

Jay

C3D 2014 SP1
Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Contributor
palabalo
Message 3 of 7 (145 Views)

08-06-2013 06:00 AM in reply to: Jay_B

Make Sure the feature line is set in the corridor properties, Set feature lines you dont want to see to no display and make sure you see the ones you do.  My code set style wont change the feature lines in the corridor properties, feature lines tab

Civil 3D 2012 SP3
gavin.roddy
Message 4 of 7 (129 Views)

08-06-2013 07:04 AM in reply to: palabalo
I haven't done anything in relation to the feature lines etc as the model was creating on another computer. I've checked it on two other machines and it's fine. The problem is only on my computer which seems a bit weird as I shouldn't have anything set up that would override the original settings.
I've also just done a reinstall and it hasnt worked.
gavin.roddy
Message 5 of 7 (105 Views)

08-07-2013 04:39 AM in reply to: gavin.roddy
The problem is with the code set styles. We modified the basic 'plan view' code set style so that the plan view is as we require it to look. On each of the other computers there is 'verge' shown but on my machine it has been automatically renamed to 'sod'. I've now done a full uninstall and reinstall and still the 'verge' is being renamed to 'sod'. Is there a physical location where the code sets styles are saved or do they run in the background??
Thanks
Gavin
*Expert Elite*
Jay_B
Message 6 of 7 (102 Views)

08-07-2013 04:51 AM in reply to: gavin.roddy

The Code Set Style is simply a style that's stored within the drawing or dwt.

Open the drawing that's not showing your code set properly and also open a drawing that contains the "modified the basic 'plan view' code set style".

Set the incorrect drawing as the current window (switch window command) on view tab.

Got to Settings Tab of Toolspace>change the view at top to "Master View", (it's likely on Drawing settings view)>General>Multipurpose Styles>Code Set Styles>Drag and drop the basic 'plan view' code set style onto your screen.

This will overwrite the code set in the current drawing and now the drawings should both contain the updated code set.

Jay

C3D 2014 SP1
Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
gavin.roddy
Message 7 of 7 (94 Views)

08-07-2013 05:09 AM in reply to: Jay_B
Thanks for your reply Jay.
I forgot to reinstall the country pack, which I did after I posted, and this fixed the problem.
Gavin

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs