AutoCAD Civil 3D General

christinaz
Message 1 of 5 (391 Views)
Accepted Solution

Vehicle Tracking reverse vehicle path

391 Views, 4 Replies
02-17-2014 06:42 AM

I recently installed the 30 day trail version of the Autodesk Vehicle Tracking.  I'm tyring it out before we decide to buy it.  I'm working on a project where I have to show that a fire truck can back up and leave the site.  I'm using a WB-40 to simulate the fire truck and I used a predetermined path through our site; however, I can't seem to get it to show the reverse path.  I've worked with AutoTurn in the past and have been able to do it.  Any thoughts?

Mentor
kcobabe
Message 2 of 5 (345 Views)

Re: Vehicle Tracking reverse vehicle path

02-19-2014 03:05 PM in reply to: christinaz

Sounds like you already have your answer, Autoturn?  If it's not broke, don't try to fix it.  Granted a true Autodesk turning application would be nice, but most of us can't wait or spend the time just to find out if a truck will fit or drive down a path.

R10 - 2014 ACAD, 2008 - 2014 Civil 3D, 2010 - 2014 MEP, V8i - V8i SS3 Microstation, ArcMAP
christinaz
Message 3 of 5 (313 Views)

02-20-2014 09:10 AM in reply to: kcobabe

True; however, that doesn't help me since we don't have AutoTurn.  I work for a small company and we typically us truck turning templates.  This software was suggested and I was given the job of testing it out on a project where it was critical to make sure the fire truck could back up without going off the access drive.

kenm
Message 4 of 5 (305 Views)

02-20-2014 09:50 AM in reply to: christinaz

christinaz....you need to create a new path.  I have not been able to figure out how to do this to an existiing path (make edits then reverse the vehicle).  I can grip edit all day long but there does not seem to be a way Reverse an existing path.  Hopefully someone will correct me on this.

See this link    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7huxvvF5-Q    and advance the video to the 16:00 min mark, and in there he shows you how to create a forward path, then back in the vehicle.

Regards, K

christinaz
Message 5 of 5 (297 Views)

02-20-2014 10:44 AM in reply to: kenm

Perfect!  This answers my question and the video is incredibly helpful.  Thanks!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs