Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault install

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
215 Views, 4 Replies

Vault install

I have been using Civil 3D since 2005, but have never used Autodesk Vault. Now our company is moving toward multiple C3D users and Vault will be a necessity. I am trying to install it on my Dell Precision 380 with AllinWoder 512 video card and 2GB ram running XP Pro with C3D 2007 having all service packs installed already. I attempt to change the C3D install and add project management capabilities. When installing Vault, I get the error:

Error 1308. Source file not found: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Civil3D 2007\Exporer\Connectivity.Proxies.Admin.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I have administrative rights on this computer so access should not be a problem. Continuing on...

I push igore from the options (abort, retry, ignore)

Error 1308. Source file not found: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Civil3D 2007\Exporer\Connectivity.Proxies.Item.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Ignore.

Error 1308. Source file not found: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Civil3D 2007\Exporer\Connectivity.Proxies.Security.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Ignore.

Error 1308. Source file not found: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Civil3D 2007\Exporer\Connectivity.Proxies.Package.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Ignore.

Error 1308. Source file not found: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Civil3D 2007\Exporer\Connectivity.Proxies.KnowledgeVault.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Ignore.

Error 1308. Source file not found: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Civil3D 2007\Exporer\Connectivity.Proxies.Document.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Ignore.

Ok, finally it finishes installing the Vault progarm to Civil 3D. Now I go into Civil 3D and open master view in prospector tab. I right click on projects and click "log in".

I attempt to log into localhost as administrator, myself, and other users with the default Database "Vault" when it gives me a Fatal Error: Unhandled e0434f4dh Exception at 7c812a5bh and the program exits but does let me send a nice error report to Autodesk everytime.

To let you know my goal, I would like to have the Vault projects set up on our LAN server just like our Land Projects are. Must I do something on the server first? Must I install anything on the server? If so, is there a download of just Vault because our server does not accept DVDs.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Those all sound like media or installation image issues. You do want to
install Vault on a server eventually, but should have been able to install
it locally for testing purposes.

I would suggest sharing your DVD drive, jumping over to the server, and
installing from there. That will give you the original media, as well as
place it on a server. You can then destroy your testing Vault later if you'd
like to start over.

I would caution that just installing Vault and running off to the races is a
short road to a nasty headache. You should work with your reseller or
qualified help to make the change as painless as possible.

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
Civil 3D 2007
XP Tablet, SP2, 2GHz, 2G
www.eng-eff.com
www.civil3d.com
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Advice from a complete IT novice who doesn't use Vault: You might want to check that you actually have a folder entitled C:\Program Files\Autodesk Civil3D 2007\Exporer. My experience is that most would have a folder called Explorer there.

HTH,
Trevor
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

what is strange is that all of the files it says aren't present are actually there. I checked that folder and they are right where it is looking.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

How do I only install Vault on the server and not Civil 3D?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report