Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIP or not VIP?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
182 Views, 3 Replies

VIP or not VIP?

I guess I have 2 questions really ... 1. What is the practicality you see in the application of this product vs. staying with Civil Series &/or LDD3 with Civil 3? We are on VIP and have a demo of the product, but no project worth using it for. Is this the way to go and will it truly save you time and money once you are up to speed on it? How long to get up to speed? 2. What is the latest rumor as to a release date for full version? Basically, a couple years on VIP and it may be cheaper to just upgrade if it comes out next year for 4 seats. However if it comes out this year ... Plus, it seems that it is a few months are worked out of new releases but with the eval version I think it may not be as bad for this product. Okay , more than 2 questions, but got to decide on spending money or not. -- David R. Hammond Hammond Engineering Inc. 4802 Industry Dr. Central Point, OR 97502 drh@hamengr.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you not read the diatribe started by Steve Cannon a mere 1 day previous? Just kidding, but you should start there and quiz in that thread. "David Hammond" wrote in message news:4019478a$1_1@newsprd01... | | I guess I have 2 questions really ... | | 1. What is the practicality you see in the application of this product | vs. staying with Civil Series &/or LDD3 with Civil 3? We are on VIP and | have a demo of the product, but no project worth using it for. Is this the | way to go and will it truly save you time and money once you are up to speed | on it? How long to get up to speed? | | 2. What is the latest rumor as to a release date for full version? | Basically, a couple years on VIP and it may be cheaper to just upgrade if it | comes out next year for 4 seats. However if it comes out this year ... | Plus, it seems that it is a few months are worked out of new releases but | with the eval version I think it may not be as bad for this product. | | Okay , more than 2 questions, but got to decide on spending money or not. | | -- | David R. Hammond | Hammond Engineering Inc. | 4802 Industry Dr. | Central Point, OR 97502 | drh@hamengr.com | |
Message 3 of 4
rick_wagner

We do civil engineering with sewer and water design. Until it gets a lot more functionality it is useless for us.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi rick, Just curious...what software does your firm use for sewer and water design? What about for hydrology? Thank, Mark Scacco "rick_wagner" wrote in message news:20097965.1076128652404.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > We do civil engineering with sewer and water design. Until it gets a lot more functionality it is useless for us.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report