Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIEWCUBE skewed from WCS

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
coopdetat
4150 Views, 11 Replies

VIEWCUBE skewed from WCS

Hello all,

I've got a strange problem with my ViewCube.  My screen is showing the world ordinate system as it should in the standard plan view ( X horizontal,Y vertical); however, my ViewCube is skewed to the right about 30° (top view and rotated about 30° right). It is set to orient to the current UCS and the current UCS Is World. If I use the ViewCube to change the setting and orient it as top view orthogonal (north straight up) my view (UCS World) gets twisted left by about (not exactly) 30°.

Am I missing something or is this abnormal ViewCube behavior?

I really don't need the ViewCube and usually turn it off but this just bugs me.  Does anyone have any ideas about what's causing this or how to fix it? T

---------------------------------------------Signature--------------------------------------------
Civil Design Professional Since 1983 (Intergraph), AutoCAD since 1989

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Intel﴾R﴿ Core﴾TM﴿ i9-12900KF CPU 3.19GHz; 32 GB DDR4 4266 Dual Channel RAM
nVidia Quadro RTX 4000; AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Jeff_M
in reply to: coopdetat

Your North direction has been altered in the GEOGRAPHICLOCATION settings. This should be 0.

9-27-2012 8-50-59 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 12
coopdetat
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you.  Yet another feature that I have no use for so I never learned anything about it.  It seems to me that such features should be off by default rather than on.  GEOMARKERVISIBILITY=0 is a setting I had to add to my Acaddoc.lsp file.  All they do is force those that will not use them to find a way to disable them or turn them off.  Since no one here uses this, how and why it got set to a skewed angle baffles me.  It has nothing to do with reality for the site.

---------------------------------------------Signature--------------------------------------------
Civil Design Professional Since 1983 (Intergraph), AutoCAD since 1989

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Intel﴾R﴿ Core﴾TM﴿ i9-12900KF CPU 3.19GHz; 32 GB DDR4 4266 Dual Channel RAM
nVidia Quadro RTX 4000; AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update
Message 4 of 12
Jeff_M

Your signature line is cut off so I don't know if it shows which version of C3D you are using. I know that if I open a drawing in C3D2013 in which I've set a coordinate system in C3D2012, the North direction, and sometimes the UP direction, get randomly changed. I must go in and change them back to 0 & Z+ every time. One reason I'm still using 2012.

If you find a response which answers your question, please be sure to accept the actual post which helped you as the solution. This will help future searchers quickly find answers to their own questions. Thanks!

EESignature
Message 5 of 12
neilyj666

Is there a command line equivalent so that this can be incorporated into acaddoc.lsp??

I think it may have arisen for me by migrating my template from 2012 i.e open up my dwt and save as 2013 version..!!!

Does this setting actually affect anything coordinate wise etc?

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 6 of 12
Jeff_M
in reply to: neilyj666

@neilyj666 wrote:

Is there a command line equivalent so that this can be incorporated into acaddoc.lsp??

I think it may have arisen for me by migrating my template from 2012 i.e open up my dwt and save as 2013 version..!!!

Does this setting actually affect anything coordinate wise etc?

There might be something that can be done via lisp, will have to look into that. I don't think it affects C3D at all, but I could be wrong.

EESignature
Message 7 of 12
allen_thompson

Thank you Jeff!
Message 8 of 12
allen_thompson

How do you make the change stay.  Everytime I save the file the numbers change back???

Message 9 of 12
J_Wheats

Hi Jeff

Do you know how to resolve this issue in 2016 as the GEOGRAPHICLOCATION no longer pulls up that dialog box but asks for location to be set from Map or File?

Message 10 of 12
Jeff_M
in reply to: J_Wheats

@J_Wheats, no, I'm not sure how to manually set the values in 2016. But, I wasn't aware that the skewed viewcube was still an issue in 2016. I know that I have not yet experienced this issue in this version.

EESignature
Message 11 of 12
allen_thompson

Hello Jeff,

I am using Map 3d 2015.  When you put in geographiclocation command.  The same dialog box does not come up anymore.  Can you tell me how to fix the skewed viewcube now?

Message 12 of 12
allen_thompson
in reply to: J_Wheats

Try GEOREMOVE command.  It worked for me..  I am using Autocad Map 3D 2015...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report