Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VFG and Matchline Labels not updating

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
marybethh
982 Views, 6 Replies

VFG and Matchline Labels not updating

I've created a viewframe group and matchlines for an alignment with a start STA of 90+50.  I've now changed my start STA to 99+50 plus tweaked the alignment since creating the VFG and matchlines.  Now the view frames and matchlines are referencing the old stationing.  If I click on a matchline, the diamond grip is at the old station 900' from where the matchline is actually located.  Is there any way to update this without recreating my view frames?

Thanks for your help!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: marybethh

Welcome to Plan production tools....

The developers intent is that the sheets be created "after" all the design is done; leaving no room for revisions.

If you modify the alignment you have to redo the frames and recreate the sheets.

I continually question the wisdom of that application structure,and that is the only answer I have recieved. So hold of on paper space work till after the bids come in.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I don't know if that was the intent or an oversite. Either way, it's really annoying.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 7
Joe-Bouza

That wasn't a hunch on my part Brian - that was a quote from autodesk supscription support.Smiley Surprised

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
marybethh

Thanks for your response.

Message 6 of 7
juliarh

I have the same problem.  And I'm absolutely not recreating the sheets.

I'm lucky in that I only have two sheets (one matchline).  The matchline is about 71 feet away from where it says it is (i.e. says it's at Sta 12+00, actually around 12+71)  So I moved the matchline to 11+29.  Then I changed the label styles to say "Matchline 12+00" instead of "Matchline <raw station>" 

This works because I only have one matchline.  If I had more, I would probably explode the matchlines and the view frames and start adjusting them manually.  That still takes less time than recreating sheets. 

Dynamic/connected objects are only nice when they work.

Message 7 of 7
bkocan

Is there any update on this issue?

Updating a vfg is a huge work for long alignments.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report