Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA to .NET

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
troma
512 Views, 4 Replies

VBA to .NET

I've recently started getting this error message again.  I expect to see it when I open a 2008 drawing with 2011.  But recently I've (randomly?) been getting it when opening a drawing with 2011 that was created in 2011.  For example: I've been working in this drawing today, never (that I remember) got this error in this drawing before.  Didn't get it first time I opened it today either.  But after I close C3D and then go back and open the same drawing, suddenly it contains VBA content!  How on earth did VBA content get in while I wasn't looking?VBA to .NET.png

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: troma

I'm still getting this error in 2011.  I work in a drawing, save exit.  10 minutes later I open it again and boom! VBA content. Where on earth is it coming from? 

Smiley Frustrated

Mark Green

Message 3 of 5
Jeff_M

Pipe & Structure Rules, Subassembly(ies) from earlier versions? These were all VBA based until the 2010 release.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 5
troma
in reply to: Jeff_M

2011 drawing from 2011 template with no errors. Worked on periodically for a few months with no errors. Opened this morning with no errors.
Closed and then opened again about 10 minutes later, and get this VBA error! Where did the previous version stuff come from?

I was editing pipe networks in there, but I don't know how anything from a previous version could creep in.

Mark Green

Message 5 of 5
troma

Got it again just now. I can't vouch for this drawing quite as much as the others; it's been a while since I worked on it and possibly others have been in there.
Anyway, you were right about the pipe & structure rules. Here's a paste from the very start of the commandline history once it opened:

8 Pipe and Structure Rule(s) are converted to .NET.
144 Pipe and Structure Rule(s) are already created using .NET modules.

So...still don't know where they're coming from.

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report