Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-created Structure for Pipe Network in C3D 2012 Not Functioning Correctly

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
P287
384 Views, 0 Replies

User-created Structure for Pipe Network in C3D 2012 Not Functioning Correctly

Hello All,

I have been trying to create a custom structure in the Parts Builder in C3D 2012 since the canned structures do not exactly match our county's standard manhole designs. I first went into the Parts Builder menu and selected the Eccentric Cylindrical 2-Tier Circular Frame structure to edit; having opened it, I saved it as its own structure so that I would not change the generic Eccentric Cylindrical 2-Tier Circular Frame structure. Anyway, after I changed various diameters and heights to match our county Type 1 manhole, I validated the part and saved it. When I swapped it into an existing pipe network to replace the structure that was there before, my new structure showed the following bad behavior when I observed it in a profile view:

1. Despite being connected to its incoming and outgoing pipes, the structure would not stretch up and down when I moved the incoming or outgoing pipe up and down.

2. When I swapped in my new structure to the pipe network, it did not come in at the elevation at the point of its insertion of the surface that is tied to my pipe network.

3. When I change the structure's settings to determine the sump by elevation, I can enter an elevation for the sump in the properties window and the lower grip of the structure will actually go to that elevation (i.e., the sump depth does change). However, the Rim to Sump Height (which is set as a range value) does not change nor does the Structure Height. For example, I could have a Sump Depth of 30' but a Structure Height of 10', which indicates that there is some missing link between what defines the sump and what defines the bottom of the graphically drawn structure. Anyway, I will attach a couple of JPEGs to illustrate.

I'm particularly perplexed because I don't know what I changed from the canned structure template that I started with that is causing my structure to behave differently than the well-behaved canned structure.

Thanks for any help that you can give!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report