Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-Defined Property problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Twinkel
204 Views, 1 Reply

User-Defined Property problems

I am having a few problems with User-Defined Properties and am looking for help. First of all, once I create one in a drawing, it seemingly cannot be permanently deleted, because even if it isn't shown on settings, it does show up when I am creating queries for point groups and point file formats.

Second problem, perhaps related, is that sometimes (don't know why sometimes and not others) when I close a drawing and then reopen it later, I cannot access my user-defined properties. It is as if they are deleted, but they are, as above, still listed when I do point queries and point file formats.

I am trying to make a template that accesses user-defined properties for point insertion, but the above items are hampering my progress. It seems like the user-defined properties are somehow unstable and stored in some magical land. There have been a few times I have reopened my drawing to find out that the user-defined properties have suddenly changed, and have screwed up my point groups. PLLEEASSE HELLPP.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Twinkel

Twinkel wrote:
> I am having a few problems with User-Defined Properties and am looking for help. First of all, once I create one in a drawing, it seemingly cannot be permanently deleted, because even if it isn't shown on settings, it does show up when I am creating queries for point groups and point file formats.
>
> Second problem, perhaps related, is that sometimes (don't know why sometimes and not others) when I close a drawing and then reopen it later, I cannot access my user-defined properties. It is as if they are deleted, but they are, as above, still listed when I do point queries and point file formats.
>
> I am trying to make a template that accesses user-defined properties for point insertion, but the above items are hampering my progress. It seems like the user-defined properties are somehow unstable and stored in some magical land. There have been a few times I have reopened my drawing to find out that the user-defined properties have suddenly changed, and have screwed up my point groups. PLLEEASSE HELLPP.

The only good news here is that I am having the same problem, which
validates your issue. To add to list of problems with User-Defined
Property Classifications (which by the way worked fine in R2006), I
cannot add one to a point table (which I could do in 2006). I also
tried XDrefs, which we used to use heavily in LDD, and they also have
very limited functionality in C3D ever since its creation.
Unfortunately, we have been duped again by Autodesk and their 'complete
solution' who just sent me an email reminding me that our subscription
is due for renewal. Frustrating is an understatement. If you happen to
stumble on a solution, please repost.

CJ
C3D 2007 SP3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report