AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Mentor
engrtech
Message 11 of 11 (96 Views)

Re: User Defined Parcel Properties

04-19-2012 05:53 AM in reply to: Sinc

Sinc wrote:

There are STILL problems that C3D can easily lose all that info if you need to edit your Parcels in any way.  Parcels really need to be re-designed, probably with something similar to Map centroids, or maybe a two-phase edit process, so this data doesn't get lost.  So I recommend caution in using this approach.

I concur with Sinc.  I just did a ROW acquisition project for just 5 tracts.  Sounds simple, right?  All I needed to show was a legal sized exhibit for each of the tracts with the neighboring properties information also.  My ROW drawing became corrupt not once, but twice.  I had to redraw all the parcels and recreate all the parcel data twice.  For a small project like this one it was a pain.  I'm not doing anything with parcels on a larger project based on this experience.  The strange part is, after the first corruption whenever I edited a single parcel's information I would audit and save.  No errors until I panned the drawing.  That cause C3D 2012 to crash and then the parcel data was all lost, including the .BAK and autosave files. 

I've not gotten too involved with the map topology stuff, but I think on the next project that's the route I'm going to go.

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014
Civil 3D 2014 x64
Testing IDSP 2015
Windows 7 64-bit
6GB RAM

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs