Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used Plan & Profile Sht Tool. Can't Project Objects to the Profile.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
doni49
314 Views, 1 Reply

Used Plan & Profile Sht Tool. Can't Project Objects to the Profile.

Hi all.  I have a strange problem.  I projected a featureline and cogo points to my profile.  It looks good.  But the profile is too long to be able to plot it out.  So I used the plan and profile sheet tool to create P&P sheets.

When using the P&P tool, I told it to match the profile view that I had already created which had an elevation range of 550 to 700).  See the first screenshot.  When I open the sheets that the tool created, the profile views don't match the source profile view.  I can manually change the new profile views so that's less of an issue (although I would like to find a way to make it come in right) but the bigger issue is that it won't let me project my cogo pts/featureline to the new profile views.  I've attached my dwg files in case anyone has time to look.  The file that starts out VFG was created by the tool.  This was created in C3D 2012 SP4.0.

I've tried two methods: 

1) Select the ProfileView and then on the context ribbon, select "Project Objects to Profile View".  When I do, I get the following error message:

1 object was of the wrong type.
All objects in the pickfirst set were filtered out, please select again.
Select objects to add to profile view:

2) Home Tab>Profile & Section Views>Profile View>Project Objects to Profile>Select the Profile View.  This just tells me 0 found when I select the profile view.

The source profile view.

PlanAndProfileToolProblem.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
doni49
in reply to: doni49

I was able to get around it by copying the profile view several times and then changing the start/end station of each and then showing the appropriate version on each sheet.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report