Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Corridor Hatch/Solid Hatch Patterns in Drawings

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
simon
1428 Views, 3 Replies

Use of Corridor Hatch/Solid Hatch Patterns in Drawings

I need to create a series of drawings for a road corridor.  Some of these will require use of the corridor solid hatch, some will use hatch patterns, and some will not require any hatch.

I could produce the drawings as separate PSpace tabs and manually change the Code Set Style each time I want to plot the drawing but this is laborious and with my memory(!) will be very inefficient.  My question is therefore, is there a way to set the Code Set Style within each Pspace tab viewport (I think probably not but just checking?).

Alternatively, can I at least have the Code Set Style set to, say, solid hatch, and then put this shading onto a separate layer that I can turn off in some of the viewports? I can't see which layer the solid hatch is on to do this?

My only other thought was to xref the base C3D model into other drawings and try to manipulate the shading somehow that way but, again, can't think of a way to achieve this.

The theoretical answer seems to be to be able to Dref the model into other drawings and to then set the Code Set Style separately in each one but corridors can't be Dreffed correct?

Any thoughts anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: simon

@simon wrote:

is there a way to set the Code Set Style within each Pspace tab viewport (I think probably not but just checking?).

No. I'd sure like to see Autodesk implement a "Style by Viewport" functionality, though. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Simon also said: I can't see which layer the solid hatch is on to do this?..

It's the Shape Area Fill component of the Area Fill Style for the link code in your code set style.

You are correct, Corridors cannot be Dref'd. That's a big wish list item.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
simon
in reply to: tcorey

Tim,

thanks for your response - you've pretty well confirmed what I assumed!  Come on Autodesk - this would be a great facility to have and I'm at a loss as to why it isn't currently available as it will cause me a real headache.

Message 4 of 4
dsimenic
in reply to: simon

No ideal solutions for solve this. I prefer different approach - my plot files are separate, and all civil elements (alignments, surfaces) in this dwg's are referenced (we use Vault). When I need corridor hatch and linework, I apply "plot" code set (with hatches) in my work drawing, then export this in acad. Doing some cleanup and edits on some detail, and then xref clean corridor elements in draving. It's not dynamic, of course, but I do this when project come in final phase. It's not ideal, but works for me, and allow me some space to manual improvements. Modeling everything on site can be a overkill.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report