Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use data shortcuts w/o Project, data disappears on reopen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kevincurrey
217 Views, 3 Replies

Use data shortcuts w/o Project, data disappears on reopen

Are data shortcuts useable without being associated with a project? They don't seem to be for me. I have a drawing with just a surface on it, I name it surface.dwg. I use "Edit Data Shortcuts," then "Create data shortcut by selection" and select my surface. Now I use "Export data shortcuts to file" and name the file surface.xml. I create a new drawing file, drawing.dwg, and use the "Edit Data Shortcuts" to import the xml file, then create the reference for my surface. I save the file then close it. The next time I open drawing.dwg, no surface. The toolspace shows the surface as being present, but it is not on the drawing. If I try to synchronize from toolspace I get a message saying "Reference for surface EG is broken." In the data shortcuts vista my references have disappeared. I can bring the surface back by re-importing the xml file, then synchronizing. How can I get the shortcuts to stay there?!

Thanks,
Kevin
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kevincurrey
in reply to: kevincurrey

Maybe a better question would be, is anyone actually using data shortcuts and having success?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Not without a project to back it up.

Sorry.

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Technology Manager &
Associate
Jones & Boyd, Inc.
Dallas, TX
XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G
LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
Message 4 of 4
kevincurrey

What's the point then of saying shortcuts can be used without a project? It seems like a pretty useless feature. I guess I shouldn't be so surprised by that though...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report