Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
logokster
135 Views, 12 Replies

Urgent

I am having serious issues with wipeouts on my alignments. I have an alignment with labels and a block inserted of a wipeout and it used to function perfect. all of a sudden the wipeout is no longer functioning, it does not wipeout anything out but wipeouts that are not part of the wipeout are functioning properly. I know it is not a draw order issue and I have tried everything in the world other then manually putting wipeouts on the drawings, there are hundres upon hundreds of labels, would really suck and is due out tomorrow. This is the only thing holding me up from submitting. In the preview the wipeouts do function and when looking in a layout sheet. Only on the plot does it screw up. Thanks for the help. Message was edited by: logokster
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
JoshNelson
in reply to: logokster

Did you see this recent discussion?

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5040164

Josh Nelson
Message 3 of 13
JoshNelson

Or this one:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5032651

Josh Nelson
Message 4 of 13
logokster

To solve the issue is he saying to select the viewport and polyline, and make the polynice option for closed, no??
Message 5 of 13
logokster

On the discussion, it mentions sheet manager to create a viewport. Could someone explain that to me, we dont use that at my company.
Message 6 of 13
logokster

i might have figured it out. Is he referring to the sheet set manager. I was playing with that and it says that I need the new features workshop installed, not sure what that is??
Message 7 of 13
JoshNelson

You posted in the Civil 3D newsgroup, so you will probably get more help elsewhere, but the "sheet manager" comes with Land Desktop with the Civil Design package. The sheet set manager comes with all Autocad versions.

The sheet manager isn't what is going to help you at this point. The way I read it is that there are two ways to create viewports:

1. View typing "-vports", and then make a rectangular viewport.

2. Creating a viewport via "-vports" and then typing "P" for polygonal.

The wipeouts were having trouble with the viewports made via method 2. When you select your viewport by single clicking it does properties show that you are selecting two objects or one? If it says two then your viewports were created using method 2 which is why the other person was having trouble and may be your problem.

Josh Nelson

Josh Nelson
Message 8 of 13
logokster

i have problem 2. is there no solution??
Message 9 of 13
JoshNelson

Can you test it by creating a new viewport using method 1 and see if the wipeout work as you would expect them to? If it works, then your immediate solution is to not use polygonal viewports. Create viewports using method one and replace them with your existing viewports. That's the only thing I can think of right now. If you are a subscription customer then login to the subscription center and submit a support request. They promise to get back to you within 2 business hours. They may be able to help you also.

Josh Nelson
Message 10 of 13
JoshNelson

Also search "wipeout" in the knowledge base:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/index?siteID=123112&id=2714854&linkID=2475323

Josh Nelson
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Wipeouts will work on polygonal Viewports if you move them to PS.

wrote in message news:5043915@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am having serious issues with wipeouts on my alignments. I have an
alignment with labels and a block inserted of a wipeout and it used to
function perfect. all of a sudden the wipeout is no longer functioning, it
does not wipeout anything out but wipeouts that are not part of the wipeout
are functioning properly. I know it is not a draw order issue and I have
tried everything in the world other then manually putting wipeouts on the
drawings, there are hundres upon hundreds of labels, would really suck and
is due out tomorrow. This is the only thing holding me up from submitting.
In the preview the wipeouts do function and when looking in a layout sheet.
Only on the plot does it screw up. Thanks for the help.

Message was edited by: logokster
Message 12 of 13
kirknoonan

Not the prettiest solution, but a quick one would be to explode your alignment labels so that they arre simply MTEXT. Build a selection set containing exclusively your labels (or whatever it is you want masked) and use the text mask tool. should take about a minute at the most. Then you can plot it for submittal and then UNDO for troubleshooting later.
Message 13 of 13
logokster

Ok. I have time to figure this problem out now, or I hope. I have plotted using the viewport not made from a polyline and with the one using a polyline. In both cases I can get a wipeout to work when it is not part of the alignment. When it is part of the alignment it does not work. We are using a HP plotter, the design jet 1050C to be exact. The same holds true to our other plotter, a Savin 4800 WD I think. I believe our drivers are up to date as well. Just for giggles I also printed to our 8.5X11 printer, a HP 2300 laser jet and it also follows the same problems. Works when a stand alone wipeout and does not work when attached to an alignment. Message was edited by: logokster

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report