AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (123 Views)

Upgrading LISP?

123 Views, 1 Replies
06-19-2013 04:30 AM

Quick question:

If I had some custom lisp routes that I used with ACAD 2009, then 2012...do you think I would need to upgrade, modify or change any of the lisp to work correctly in 2014?

Could a custom lisp that I used in 2012, corrupt, effect performance, screw with other key commands (although with worked in the 2012 software) in 2014 if I didn't upgrade the 2012 lisp?

And if I need to upgrade my 2012 lisps to 2014, how do I it or where can I find the answer?

Thanks 

Abraxas

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 2 of 2 (95 Views)

Re: Upgrading LISP?

06-19-2013 07:40 AM in reply to: ParadigmAE

LISP is generally portable between versions, more so when programmed with version independance in mind.  If you are accessing Civil3D or other objects via VLA methods/properties you will likely need to make updates.  There is some command-line quirkyness in the past couple of releases which can affect user feedback during long loop operations.

Oh, and watch out for the security features - these can prevent LISPs from being loaded.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs