Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading COGO Points, Revisited

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Pointdump
926 Views, 4 Replies

Upgrading COGO Points, Revisited

On any drawing in 2015 with COGO Points I get this hypnotic message bar instead of my Status Bar. It just started today. Audit does nothing. No problem with 2014, 2012, or even 2010.

Upgrading.png

The drawings I'm opening are Autodesk Tutorial Drawings. Only the Tutorial Drawings with COGO Points do this. I searched this Forum and found dozens of threads on this subject, some dating back to 2008, but not a single one had a Green Solution Checkmark.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Pointdump

Does the Upgrading Cogo Points message go away or does it lock up the session?

If it goes away I would think that the tutorials are old files created versions ago that require the cogo points to be updated/upgraded and that this is normal behaivior.

If you lock up I would try recovering the tutorial files since I would doubt very much that any of those files have been updated from the version they were created in.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: jmayo-EE

John,

It just keeps spinning like a barber pole. I'm a very impatient computer user, so I've not let it go long enough to find out if it ends by itself. 60 seconds, max. It doesn't lock up the drawing. I can still type in and run "Audit", for instance. I just don't have a lower status bar.

Those tutorial drawings opened just fine yesterday. I'm trying to think of anything I might have done that could have triggered this. The only thing I can think of is that I opened an older drawing (not a tutorial) this morning and got into the Survey Database. I don't know what that would set off, but I'll throw it out there.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 4 of 5
jmayo-EE

Hmm... perhaps looking for an sdbx file when the sdb has yet to be converted...

Should be easy enough to check with a new file connecting to the databases...

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Pointdump

OK, so now I still get the Barber Pole Message upon opening 2015, but if I start panning around in the drawing it goes away. Weird, but at least it's only a minor annoyance.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report