Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade C3D 2008 to C3D 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dmandernach
340 Views, 3 Replies

Upgrade C3D 2008 to C3D 2012

I have very cost concious bosses/owners. We were very productive with LDD 2004. Production wend down and costs went up when we switched to Civil 3D 2008. Part of this was learning curve but it also crashes alot.I am pushing to upgrade to Civil 3D 2012 running on 64bit OS with extra ram.

What is your ecperience with upgrading to Civil 3D 2012 running on 64 bit OS w/ 12GB ram?  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

>> What is your ecperience with upgrading to Civil 3D 2012 running on 64 bit OS w/ 12GB ram?

Generic answer: Thumbs-up

Detailed answer: not possible, because you did not tell us, what you are using from Civil3D, what projects you have, what limitations you reached, ...

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4

projects vary: 3 mile roadway projects, land development projects 1 ac - 40 ac. Typically limitations/problems are with grading or using LIDAR data in a large surface. I think everyone has had problems with 2008 I am not looking for a specific fix. I am inquiring if others have seen improvements or less crashes after they have upgraded.

Message 4 of 4

Huge improvements in program stability going to 2012 (still some performance issues but stability is much better). 64bit definitely is an improvement also, we have some long projects that work fine in 64bit that crash 32bit.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report