Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Styles in Civil 3D 2011

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
wsargent
231 Views, 4 Replies

Updating Styles in Civil 3D 2011

I have a job that the customer provide the original CAD files with Civil 3D styles in them. As the project has progressed we have found many of the styles were not created properly and notified the customer. They have told us to fix the errors and send them the corrections...

Now that I have one file working properly I have to push the changes to the 30+ styles through the 100+ files of the job. Is there a quick way to do this in Civil 3D 2011? (It is part of our contract to use this specific program and release year without converting the files.) Or do I need to drag-and-drop each style into each file?

Thanks in advance.

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 SP3.0, built on: AutoCAD 2016 SP1, Map 3D 2016 SP2
Dell Percision T5810: MS Windows 10 Pro; Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50 GHz, 16.00 GB RAM, NVIDIA K2200 4.00 GB Memory
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: wsargent

For this task you might consider third party software. SincpacC3D's ExportCivilStyles would make this job a bit easier and definitely quicker, although still not completely automated as you'd need to export to each drawing. But it will beat the drag-n-drop method!

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM

With 2011's Subscription Bonus Pack on the Subscription website, it will install an Import Styles and Settings in your Toolspace, Toolbox tab.  You must be on subscription in order to download.

Todd Rogers
Message 4 of 5
wsargent
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thank you. We are on subscription, but I do not have access to the subscription cneter only the head of IT does. I will have to have him get the BP.

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 SP3.0, built on: AutoCAD 2016 SP1, Map 3D 2016 SP2
Dell Percision T5810: MS Windows 10 Pro; Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50 GHz, 16.00 GB RAM, NVIDIA K2200 4.00 GB Memory
Message 5 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM

Below is where you will find the option to Import Styles and Settings...

4-4-2012 8-46-10 AM.png

Todd Rogers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report