Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Sheets from View Frames

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
saraba
2382 Views, 2 Replies

Updating Sheets from View Frames

I am using AutoCAD Civil 3d 2012.  I have succesfully created a View Frame Group (VFG) from an alignment and then created Plan Profile sheets from that View Frame group.  I did create the sheets in a seperate file from the View Frame group (that is an option when you create the sheets).  It appears that if I change a View Frame using the grips, the corresponding sheet viewport doesn't change based on the edits to the view frame.  I must manually update the sheet plan viewport to align with the edited location of the view frame.  Is there a way AutoCAD will do this automatically or does it just not do that?  Do I have to create the whole sheet set again or can I just recreate that one sheet?  I don't want to do that since create the sheet will create a new profile view.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: saraba

The developer intended the sheets to be drawn LAST, therefore you need to re-run
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 3
saraba
in reply to: saraba

Ah, yes, I was afraid of that.  It makes sense why Autodesk wouldn't do that, but it would be a cool feature if they ever decided to add it.  Oh well, it was worth a try to ask.  Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report