Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Sheets from View Frames

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
saraba
2408 Views, 2 Replies

Updating Sheets from View Frames

I am using AutoCAD Civil 3d 2012.  I have succesfully created a View Frame Group (VFG) from an alignment and then created Plan Profile sheets from that View Frame group.  I did create the sheets in a seperate file from the View Frame group (that is an option when you create the sheets).  It appears that if I change a View Frame using the grips, the corresponding sheet viewport doesn't change based on the edits to the view frame.  I must manually update the sheet plan viewport to align with the edited location of the view frame.  Is there a way AutoCAD will do this automatically or does it just not do that?  Do I have to create the whole sheet set again or can I just recreate that one sheet?  I don't want to do that since create the sheet will create a new profile view.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: saraba

The developer intended the sheets to be drawn LAST, therefore you need to re-run

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
saraba
in reply to: saraba

Ah, yes, I was afraid of that.  It makes sense why Autodesk wouldn't do that, but it would be a cool feature if they ever decided to add it.  Oh well, it was worth a try to ask.  Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report