Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Civil 3D 2014 Bridge Module

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
dsimeone
5811 Views, 29 Replies

Updated Civil 3D 2014 Bridge Module

Hi Everyone – We recently learned that the AutoCAD Civil 3D R2014 Bridge Module has a license check that results in the utility no longer working after July 1, 2013. This appears to be an installation artifact from when this was an Autodesk Labs project. 

A replacement version is available for Infrastructure Design Suite – Premium/Ultimate subscribers on subscription center. Note that you’ll need to uninstall the original version before installing the updated build. There are no changes to the core utility itself - just the license date verification.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Dave Simeone

Dave.Simeone

Product Line Manager, Autodesk Infrastructure Products
29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
kbarnettza
in reply to: troma

Problem located, not solved yet.

Access permission problem.

True company Administrator logged on, when starting C3D 2014 he encountered a message I never saw before:

msg1.png

clicked on Load..

opened corridor DWG.. Bridge Extension WORKED!

He changed my permissions, I logged on, on starting C3D 2014 I did not see the message and still got the same error. Unitstalled .. reinstalled .. no change ... tried manual loading of DLL's (netload) .. no change, same error.

Its a permission problem, have not solved it yet.

Message 22 of 30
tmullins
in reply to: kbarnettza

Another new feature in 2014 (not sure if it was in 2013, didn't use it). Check out the SECURELOAD variable, and TRUSTEDPATHS, also in Options>Files>Trusted Locations.

You can also turn it off in your deployment. Which we did already. We don't need AutoCAD locking down folders just to annoy our users even more. That's why we have tons of security and virus checks on the server.

Message 23 of 30
scott.sheppard
in reply to: tmullins

The error message is from the Windows operating system. It is telling you that a program, in this case Civil 3D, is trying to run a dynamically loaded library (DLL) from a location that is not trusted. You need to add the Autodesk Common file folder to your list of trusted folders.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 24 of 30
tmullins
in reply to: scott.sheppard

Not exactly.

The message is from AutoCAD not Windows. Setting SECURELOAD to 0 will eliminte the message box and allow AutoCAD to run the program without going into any Windows security settings.

The problem I have with adding the folder location into Options is what am I supposed to do everytime a new module is released? Add it in just for me would be OK (still aggravating) but what about 200 users?

Correct me if I'm wrong but to me this is just an annoying new "feature".

Message 25 of 30
scott.sheppard

Please pardon my error. There's a reason these things are most often better left to the operating system. I am not sure what the motivation was for adding this feature. I will check around, and if I find out anything, I will post it here.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 26 of 30
kbarnettza

Some parts are working now...
But...
In the referenced Revit example why can I not create a concrete slab bridge using:
abutments at: 520 and 583.7
piers at: 535.925, 551.85 and 567.775

This file already has the terrain and road imported.

link to file:   http://a360.co/1dmiVy0

Message 27 of 30
kbarnettza

Attached .. bridge created using the modeller in C3D.

But ...

When I try to import it to Revit I get error (below):

I think this error is due to incorrect design .. horizontal curve is too small.

Then again... the modeller worked in C3D..

- Unhandled exception.
Assembly name: DBridgeRoad: Curve length is too small for Revit's tolerance (as identified by Application.ShortCurveToleranc ...

REX:
Engine version: 2014; Version name: ; Culture info: en-US

PLATFORM:
Win32NT Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

SOURCE:
AREX

Unhandled exception.
Assembly name: DBridgeRoad: Curve length is too small for Revit's tolerance (as identified by Application.ShortCurveTolerance).
Parameter name: endpoints; StackTrace: at Autodesk.Revit.CurveAPIUtils.CreateBoundLine(XYZ endpoint1, XYZ endpoint2)
at REX.Bridges.Common.Extension.Revit.BFactoryRevit.<>c__DisplayClass4.<CreateFamilyDocumentCoreLoft>b__2(BXyz argStart, BXyz argEnd)
at REX.Bridges.Common.Extension.Revit.BFactoryRevit.CreateFamilyDocumentCoreLoft(RoadPart road)
at REX.Bridges.Common.Extension.Revit.BFactoryRevit.CreateFamilyDocumentCore(RoadPart road)
at REX.Bridges.Common.Extension.Revit.BFactoryRevit.CreateFamilyInstanceCore(RoadPart road, Boolean& created)
at REX.Bridges.Common.Extension.Revit.BFactoryRevit.Create(RoadPart road)
at REX.DBridgeRoad.Main.Revit.ExtensionRevit.OnRun()
at REX.Bridges.Common.Extension.BExtension.OnRun()
at REX.Common.REXExtension.Run()

Message 28 of 30
mehmet_100688
in reply to: jfeijo

Hello Can you posted the software (Bridge Module 2014) to (mehmet_100688@hotmail.com) because I can't downloaded from subscribtion centre ...
Message 29 of 30

The download is available to Autodesk Subscription customers. It will install for those who have the Ultimate Suite already installed.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 30 of 30
hutchesoncraig

Did you find a solution to this issue.  

I have encountered the same issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report