Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Intersection Regions and Rebuild Corridor problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
francois.st-hilaire
1075 Views, 3 Replies

Update Intersection Regions and Rebuild Corridor problem

Hi,

I have 5 intersections in a drawing and i try to update all the intersections regions one after the other with "Update Regions and Rebuild Corridor". The problem is that sending up to date some intersections send other intersections (previously updated) out of date. So i cannot have all my intersections updated. The only way i found to correct this is to "Update regions automaticaly". but this way i cannot make changes to regions manually.

Does anyone have a solution ?   Thanks   🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Do you have Daylights in each of the intersections, daylighting to a common surface?

The only thing I can think of that is going on would be that the samde Daylight line goes along your intersections, down the street, and to the next intersection. This line is updated when you rebuild one intersection, then flagged as changed in the other corridors, then you go update the other corridors, and the first one flags it as changed again, like you are chasing your tail. 

The warning doesnt necessarily mean something is inherently "wrong" with the intersection, it's just tellig you something has changed (it doesn't necessarily know it has been "changed" just noticed that it has been saved more recently) in the intersection.

If in doubt as to whether it is right, you can always pop them into 3D mode via the Object Viewer to check that it is indeed correct, or you can drive the Corridor and inspect yourself.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Hi,

I think you are right about the daylight line, it seems logical. Now if i change manually regions in an intersection corridor, i have no way from Civil 3d of knowing if my regions are up to date ?? I only have to make sure by myself that i have done nothing that coul send my regions out of date like editing an alignement or a profile. It would be safer if Civil 3d could recongnize it correctly.

Thanks for the reply   🙂

Message 4 of 4

Again, C3D isn't flagging it because it is necessarily wrong, it is simply flagging it because another region in another corridor has made "changes" (ie saved it) more recently than it has. As long as you have checked it, all profiles, alignments are correct, it likely is fine.

If you are worried about gaps in data, or if there is a problem with your intersection surface, corridor, etc. you can always throw it into Object Viewer.

For example, you make changes to a region of an intersection and want to make sure it flows with the rest of the design. Clcik the intersection corridor, other streets, etc. and Right Click-->Object Viewer. Here you can check to see how everything fits.

While I can't really say for 100% certain, this appears to me what is going on.

Hope that helps.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report