Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted zoom

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jlawrence
347 Views, 5 Replies

Unwanted zoom

Upon selecting an object while in HATCH command, the display zooms to extents before finishing the command. Thus, if I want to hatch multiple selections at one time, this makes it extremely time consuming to have to zoom back into my objects each time. Obviously very frustrating given I'm working on a drawing with very large extents (an entire city, actually!) What variable am I missing?

Thanks for any assistance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: jlawrence

I can't reproduce your issue, but...

What are you using for your boundary set? If it's set to Current Viewport, try setting it to a selection set of objects. Does that help? Shot in the dark, but it's something to try...

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
jlawrence
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks, but I've tried that with no success. The zoom issue also happens when I click to the MODEL tab no matter what view I had left it in. There must be a simple setting somewhere that I'm just forgetting...
Message 4 of 6
troma

UCSFOLLOW

?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 6
jlawrence
in reply to: troma

That's the one! I knew it was something easy that was escaping my little brain-thanks!! 🙂
Message 6 of 6
troma

No prob.  I didn't know it messed with the HATCH command, but when you mentioned zooming when switching into Modelspace I figured it was worth a check.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report