Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Profile Lines

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
darkman257
437 Views, 2 Replies

Unwanted Profile Lines

I know this is a style function but having issues trying to hone it in. But picture a profile a ground an existing ground surface but there are lines that come up from the stationing axis and intersects the ground profile.  It would appear that it would be to mark grade breaks but the grade does not break at those places.  Any suggestions?

Infrastructure Design Suite 2012 - Premium, Intel Quad Core 2.66 Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Nvidia Quadro FX4800

Dilbert's Salary Theorem: Postulate 1: Knowledge is Power Postulate 2: Time is Money. Power = Work / Time. Since Knowledge = Power,
then Knowledge = Work / Time, and Tme = Money, then Knowledge = Work / Money. Solving for Money, we get: Money = Work / Knowledge.
Thus as Knowledge approaches zero, money approaches infinity, regardless of the amount of work done.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sboon
in reply to: darkman257

Your description sounds like grid clipping, which is part of the profile view style not the style of the profile line.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 3
darkman257
in reply to: sboon

Good call!  This is my first time really creating profiles and the vertical clipping was set to Yes.  I clicked no and bam, much better.  Thanks for the help!Smiley Very Happy

Infrastructure Design Suite 2012 - Premium, Intel Quad Core 2.66 Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Nvidia Quadro FX4800

Dilbert's Salary Theorem: Postulate 1: Knowledge is Power Postulate 2: Time is Money. Power = Work / Time. Since Knowledge = Power,
then Knowledge = Work / Time, and Tme = Money, then Knowledge = Work / Money. Solving for Money, we get: Money = Work / Knowledge.
Thus as Knowledge approaches zero, money approaches infinity, regardless of the amount of work done.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report