Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Untouchable Layer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
TheJabberwocky
363 Views, 4 Replies

Untouchable Layer

Bit of a strange one this one.

I copied across some linework from another file, and all of it has come across, but one of the layers is untouchable. It is there, it is in the layer list, the items in the layer are on the screen, I can even select the lines. But whenever I try to get do something to the layer it won't let me. All the other layers that got copied across work just fine. I cannot change the colour of the layer, I cannot turn the layer off, I cannot select it as my current layer.

When I try to turn it off it says "no matching layer names found".

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

is it on defpoints and your 0 layer if frozen? unfreeze your 0 layer...

Message 3 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: TheJabberwocky

If all else fails, erase everything else except this layer and saveAs a copy and post it.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 5

0 layer is unfrozen, it's not locked or anything, and it's not on the defpoints layer. It's not linework I am having an issue with, it's a layer itself. I cannot do anything to a layer which is clearly there, it's listed in the layer menus everywhere, it has data in it, but when I try to do anything to it C3D tells me there is no such layer.

Message 5 of 5

can you move the linework that is on that layer to a different layer?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report