Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresolved reference file cannot be opened

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
717 Views, 3 Replies

Unresolved reference file cannot be opened

I was working on my project today when the window popped up telling me to reload my pavement file.  When I reloaded the file, the reference said it was unresolved.  I tried to open that file directly, but it would not open. 

What is going on?

C3D 2012

Windows 7

Intel Core i5-2500K CPU 3.30 GHz

8.00 GB

64-bit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not entirely clear on the issue here.  Are you saying that you cannot open the pavement drawing file at all?  What is the error message that you get?  Have you tried recovering this file, or switching to a backup copy?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

I could not open the file at all.  I tried to recover the file, but that didn't work.  I ended up having to get the file from our system back-up and that worked.

I still don't know why this happened.  No one here was in the file.  The file was mearly referenced in other drawings.  

I got a warning to reload the reference and when I reloaded, the file became 'unresolved' and essentially lost.

I would have been rather salty if I had made a whole bunch of changes today and had to go backwards to yesterdays file.  At this point, no harm was done.  It is absolutely frustrating that this happened at all thou.

Message 4 of 4
sboon
in reply to: Anonymous

This issue or something like it has been reported before.  It is quite rare which is both good and bad.  Every other occurence that I can remember was a situation where the referenced file was not being used, and had not been used for quite some time so a backup copy can be used to replace the damaged file.  Unfortunately this also means that Autodesk has trouble replicating the issue, so no fix as far as I know.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report