Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unidentified Section in Section View

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
smarkel
771 Views, 5 Replies

Unidentified Section in Section View

I am having an issue when producing a section view with my corridor.  I have a corridor and corridor surface, as well as an existing ground surface.  I create a sample line group and sample EG, Corridor Surface, and Material.  When I produce a section view I get 4 sections in the view: EG, Corridor Surface(with the corridor surface naming convention), and an additional section simply called "Corridor Surface". 

This last section is strange in that it seems to be using the correct assembly, but not targeting the correct features.  Also it has grips at all of the vertices which I havent seen before.

And the strangest part, when I click on properties for this section and go to section data, the columns for Description and Data Source are blank.

If there is no data source, then where is this section coming from, and why is it showing up when I did not specify that it be created.  This is a real mind boggler to me and makes no sense.  Screenshot attached.

Would appreciate any input, stuck here, Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: smarkel

Does turning off Lines in the the Section view direction of the surface style help with this?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
smarkel
in reply to: tcorey

Are you saying to go into my corridor surface style and set the "surface section" to off in the "View Direction: Section" tab.  I tried this and it does not affect the section view, that is, nothing changes.

I can turn off this unknown section by changing the display to off in its section style, but my concern is why this section is showing up in the first place, and where is it coming from.  Even with the display off my sample lines are still cutting this section...  I'm worried about it causing me problems down the road with this design.

Message 4 of 6
smarkel

I may have figured this out.  I created a new sample line group and resampled my sources.  The unknown section did not show up.  What I'm thinking is that I had sampled an earlier corridor surface and subsequently deleted the surface and created a new one.  I think the sample lines were somehow still sampling this old deleted surface.  Not sure how that's possible but the only thing I can think of.

Message 5 of 6
MikeEvansUK

This is normal behavour when you delete a surface which has been included as a section in a sample line group the section does not delete but changes to a static section in all section views.

If you want to delete the surface and do not want to have to manually delete all sections then remove it from the definition prior to deleting the surface.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 6 of 6
jmayo-EE

FYI, in the image you posted you see grips on the profile in question. This tells you that the link has been lost from the reference object.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report