AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Valued Contributor
jlawrence
Message 1 of 5 (112 Views)

Unhandled Excepption with OPTIONS

112 Views, 4 Replies
11-27-2012 09:34 AM

Starting recently, upon using OPTIONS command I receive an Unhandled Exception Error. The command window pops up and I seem able to use it without issue, but this is an annoyance. (It happens in all files.) Does anyone else have this issue? I really don't want to "repair" Civil 3D 13 yet again (wow, this version seems full of bugs) but perhaps that is what I need to do...??

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 2 of 5 (110 Views)

Re: Unhandled Excepption with OPTIONS

11-27-2012 09:41 AM in reply to: jlawrence

Repair only takes a few minutes. How long have you spent looking for a solution that would avoid using Repair?

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Valued Contributor
jlawrence
Message 3 of 5 (110 Views)

Re: Unhandled Exception with OPTIONS

11-27-2012 09:45 AM in reply to: tcorey
Not long at all. I have simply been getting really tired of performing so many repairs due to these errors that keep popping up with this version. Sigh... Jennifer Lawrence City of San Luis Obispo Public Works, Engineering 805.781.7226 [cid:image001.gif@01CDCC83.CC2BFF70]
*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 4 of 5 (108 Views)

11-27-2012 10:05 AM in reply to: jlawrence

It's frustrating, I know, but if that's the fastest solution to get you back to work...

If you keep having problems, so things to consider:

Do you notice problems crop up after you have installed another program? Possibly it is installed a system file that Civil 3D needs in a particular version, hence the errors and the ability to fix it with Repair.

or, are the errors seemingly random? Have you used MSCONFIG as a way to search for a service that might be conflicting with AutoCAD? I was having issues a while back, repair didn't help, so I did a selective startup using MSCONFIG. After some tinkering I found that iTunes was making AutoCAD crash. I eliminated iTunes and have had no problems since.

I see you're with a city gov office, so you might have to have IT do it for you. I'm sorry for that. :smileywink:

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Valued Contributor
jlawrence
Message 5 of 5 (99 Views)

11-27-2012 11:08 AM in reply to: tcorey
Thanks for the info. No software has been installed recently, but I'll see what I can do with MSCONFIG. Much appreciated :smileyhappy: Jennifer Lawrence City of San Luis Obispo Public Works, Engineering 805.781.7226 [cid:image001.gif@01CDCC8F.705C9E00]

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs