Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underground Surface Volume Question

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
craigwsitedesign
650 Views, 4 Replies

Underground Surface Volume Question

Not sure if this is possible with Civil 3D, but any help would be appreciated.  I have a grid boring pattern (x,y) that I've been given wtih a top of rock and bottom of rock (z) elevation at each boring location.  I created two surfaces called top & bottom.  What I would like to do is to be able to "shade" or "hatch" the area between these two surfaces in order to show a 3d solid mass that I can view in 3d orbit.  I know how to generate the volume between these two surfaces, however, this appears as a "flat" surface when I view it in a 3d orbit.  I'd like to view this volume as a solid mass.  Is this possible?

Civil 3D 2011
Windows 7 64-Bit
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: craigwsitedesign

If this is simply to shade it in 3d orbit then make two surfaces. One for the bottom and one that has the top surface elevations and the OUTER border elevations of the bottom. The two surfaces will appear as a 3d solid in a 3d view. Give me a min. and I'll attach a file that depicts a debris pile with surfaces.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
jmayo-EE

Sorry the surfaces needed to be promoted for you.

Moderator - You can delete the original post with this file.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
craigwsitedesign

Perfect.  This is exactly what I was trying to do.  Thank you. .

Civil 3D 2011
Windows 7 64-Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report